As we have now three waves of backers (Kickstarter Founders, Post-Kickstarter Founders, and Supporters), it has come to our attention that it’s unclear who receives one or several Character Reservation Name(s) and in which order.
Here is a recap of everything we’ve said about the topic:
- Kickstarter Founders who have an Arkship Passenger ID Card among their rewards are eligible for a Character Reservation Name (1st priority).
- All Kickstarter Founders are automatically eligible for a Character Reservation Name as a global reward for having reached the 6,000 Backers milestone (2nd priority).
- Post-Kickstarter Founders (those who began supporting Dual Universe through our Community Portal website) who have an Arkship Passenger ID Card among their rewards are eligible for a Character Reservation Name (3rd priority).
- Sponsor & Patron Supporters are eligible for a Character Reservation Name (4th priority)
- Regarding when two backers have the same priority to reserve a Character Name, the priority works in favor of a “first-come first-served” basis.
- A Founder who began supporting Dual Universe during the Kickstarter campaign and upgraded their pledge later on the Community Portal website is still considered a Kickstarter Founder on this topic: they automatically receive the Character Reservation Name related to the 6,000 Backers milestone (2nd priority). If they pledged a pack with an Arkship Passenger ID Card during the Kickstarter, they received a second Character Reservation Name (1st priority). If they received a pack with an Arkship Passenger ID Card after upgrading on the Community Portal website, their second Character Reservation Name will be 3rd priority.
- A Founder who began supporting Dual Universe on the Community Portal website and didn’t receive an Arkship Passenger ID Card is not eligible for any Character Reservation Name.
We understand that this may be frustrating for some Gold Founders (or above) who didn’t choose the correct pack containing this reward, and can see now it is automatically included in the Sponsor and Patron Packs. That’s why we have decided to automatically include a Character Reservation Name (4th priority) to all Post-Kickstarter Founders who don’t have already one.
Today, to claim your Character Name (if you haven't already done it through a Kickstarter Survey), you have to contact our Customer Support at email@example.com. Don't forget to contact the customer support with the e-mail address attached to the Dual Universe account on which you want to reserve a name (the account must be eligible for such reward). Any request made with another e-mail address will be automatically rejected.
If you have a Post-Kickstarter Founder Pack without Character Name Reservation and you have previously contacted our Customer Support regarding this topic, please contact them again to reserve a name as the ability of getting one becomes effective as of today.